ADSM-L

Re: ANR2716E Schedule prompter was not able to contact client...W HY?

2002-07-08 18:32:53
Subject: Re: ANR2716E Schedule prompter was not able to contact client...W HY?
From: Greg Garrison <gagarris AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 15:15:06 -0700
I agree on adding the actual IP address for the TCPCLIENTADDRESS option.
This is necessary in machines with more than one network card as well.  I
usually query the activity log and search for the node to see what IP it's
actually using to connect to the TSM server.  Then I ask the administrator
to use that IP in their dsm.sys.

Also, if you are connecting over firewalls, ports 1500 and 1501 must be
open bi-directional for communication to take place.

Greg A. Garrison
Account Storage Manager
IBM Global Services, Service Delivery Center - West
9022 S. Rita Road, Rm 2785, Tucson, AZ 85744
Phone (520) 799-5429  Internal 321-5429
Pager 800-946-4646 PIN 6034139
e-mail: gagarris AT us.ibm DOT com

                      "Garrison, Tony"
                      <Anthony.Garrison        To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      @USAA.COM>               cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  Re: ANR2716E Schedule
prompter was not able to contact client...W HY?
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      07/08/2002 12:25
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

I have had this problem with several servers.  I solved the problem on
several by utilizing the IP address in the dsm.opt as the TCPCLIENTADDRESS
instead of the node name.

Tony Garrison
I/T Sr. Systems Programmer
USAA