ADSM-L

ANR2716E Schedule prompter was not able to contact client...WHY?

2002-07-08 15:09:04
Subject: ANR2716E Schedule prompter was not able to contact client...WHY?
From: "Villegas, Beatrice" <bvillegas AT ADT DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 14:58:59 -0400
Hi all,

We are running into an issue with several of our AIX servers. Every 1 to 2
days, one of the client servers incremental backup is "missed" or fails
because of:

ANR2716E Schedule prompter was not able to contact client SY using type 1
(10.160.97.213 1501).

I have checked all the obvious:

1.  dsmc sched is running.
2. There are no apparent network problems.

It seems to me that the process: dsmc sched just hangs.
Once I kill it and re-start it, the backup runs fine.

These are my levels: Server: AIX 4.3.3 ML10 TSM 4.2.1.7
                           Client: AIX 4.3.3 ML8 TSM Client 4.2.0.0

Anyone has any ideas of what could be wrong? Is this a known problem?

Thanks in advance,

Beatriz