ADSM-L

Re: Win2K cluster question

2002-07-05 19:32:10
Subject: Re: Win2K cluster question
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 14:48:24 +0300
Gianluca,

if you have MSCS cluster set-up according to the TSM client docs you have
to define 3 nodes for active/passive and 4 nodes for active/active
cluster:
Machine 1 - node A (local, small)
Machine 2 - node B (local, small)
Cluster group X - node X (shared, might be big)
(optional) Cluster group Y - node Y (shared, might be big)
Assuming local drives and cluster groups Y, Z, etc. are small and we have
to focus only on group X which is 200 GB. Nodes A, B (local), Y, Z go to
small_domain and node X gets registered in big_domain. Or use management
class pointing to another pool as Alexander suggested.
This is according to books. If we make something proprietary we are on our
own.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant