ADSM-L

Re: checkin & label scratch volumes

2002-07-03 22:49:35
Subject: Re: checkin & label scratch volumes
From: Michael Benjamin <MBenjamin AT BUNNINGS.COM DOT AU>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 10:47:10 +0800
You can pre-load the library directly without using the bulkloader and
presumably
perform a "label libvol search=yes". Make sure the current database and
library
state are consistent with an audit etc. Please research it for your own
piece of mind
before performing this.

This can be a huge timesaver. The same thing can apply if the tapes are
already
labelled and you can use checkin libvol search=yes in a similar fashion.

You don't want to accidentally label any existing data volumes, I'm tempted
to actually
make them read-only somehow before doing this process, physical tabs? Maybe
someone has
a better suggestion to safeguard the volumes already in there...

Mike.

Bunnings Legal Disclaimer:

1)      This document is confidential and may contain legally privileged
        information. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not
                                                disclose or use the information
contained in it. If you have
        received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by
        return email and delete the document.

2)      All e-mails sent to and sent from Bunnings Building Supplies are
        scanned for content. Any material deemed to contain inappropriate
        subject matter will be reported to the e-mail administrator of
        all parties concerned.