ADSM-L

Re: TDP for Domino Selective

2002-07-03 10:55:03
Subject: Re: TDP for Domino Selective
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 10:53:24 -0400
> If I run a selective backup instead of an incremental, will transaction
> logs be applied to the new backed up database during a restore or will
> they still be assigned to the older version?

Marc,

If they have the same DBIID, they can be restored to either.
If you restore the older backup with the same DBIID and use
a point-in-time of before the latest backup, it will apply
the logs starting when the older backup was taken.
If you restore the latest backup, it will apply logs starting
when the latest backup was taken.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

Live your life as an exclamation, not an explanation.
Strive for excellence, not perfection.