ADSM-L

ANS1134E & ANS4001E

2002-07-02 10:15:31
Subject: ANS1134E & ANS4001E
From: Bill Dourado <bill.dourado AT ALSTEC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 15:14:16 +0100
Hi,

I cannot backup drive D:  via  TSM server backup scheduler nor via the GUI
interface !
User installed a HDD (drive D: with 15GB of data) in place of a CD-ROM on a
NT client.
Next morning the scheduled backup worked OK  except for drive D:,  which
failed ANS1134E

I tried a backup via GUI - it failed invalid drive specification.
I tried   DSMC INC D:   from the client end and it worked fine, and I am
able to do restores via the GUI.
A scheduled backup for drive D:  still fails :      ANS4001E '\\s1428\d$' :
filespace not known to server
A  GUI backup fails   "Access denied"

A      Query Filespace  S1428      comes with  filespace names :-
\\s1428\c$
\\s1428\e$
\\s1428\f$
\\s1428\d$
(all in lowercase)

All drives have  EVERYONE -  full control  permissions on the client NT
side  (no other permissions.)

TSM Server 4.1.1           ADSM Client/Archive 3.1.7

Anybody know a way round this one ?

My TSM S/W maintenance cover has expired !

TIA

Bill Dourado

Ext 5134

******************************* Disclaimer *******************************
This email and any files transmitted with it contains privileged and
confidential information and is intended for the addressee only. If you
are not the intended recipient you must not disseminate, distribute or
copy this email. Please notify the sender at once that you have received
it by mistake and then delete it from your system.

Any views expressed in this email are those of the sender and not
necessarily those of ALSTEC or its associated companies.

Whereas ALSTEC takes reasonable precautions to ensure this email is virus
free, no responsibility will be accepted by it for any loss or damage
whether direct or indirect which results from the contents of this email
or its attachments.

ALSTEC Group Limited - Registered in England No.3939840 - www.alstec.com
Registered office: Cambridge Road, Whetstone, Leicester. LE8 6LH. England.
Telephone: +44 (0)116 275 0750