ADSM-L

ODBC and MS SQL 2000

2002-07-02 05:42:25
Subject: ODBC and MS SQL 2000
From: "Leijnse, Finn F SITI-ITDSES31" <finn.leijnse AT SHELL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 11:24:42 +0200
Hi fellow TSM-ers,

We are trying to make a nice missed and failed backup list available on our
website and have encountered problems with running a SELECT statement of the
events table from the MS SQL server to the TSM server. We have got it
working in EXCEL. EXCEL will run the select on the TSM server and retrieve
the list as requested.
We do not seem to get this proces running for the MS SQL server... Can
anyone help us with this problem?

( The main problem is that when the whole events table is retrieved from a
TSM server only the current day will be fetched and we want to see today and
the previous day! This seems to be a TSM bug that you have to explicitly
state the date in your select query to get the right output from the events
table)

met vriendelijke groeten, regards et salutations,

Finn Leijnse

ITDSES/31 - Central Data Storage Management
Shell International Tech. International
Postbus 1027, 2265 BD Leidschendam
tel: (+31) 703034043
mail: finn.leijnse AT shell DOT com