ADSM-L

Re: Shortfalls in tsm/adsm

2002-06-28 04:39:59
Subject: Re: Shortfalls in tsm/adsm
From: Hamish Marson <hamish AT TRAVELLINGKIWI DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 09:38:10 +0100
Remeta, Mark wrote:

What is it that you are looking for? A graphical representation of how much
data is going to the tape drives? k/b per second, etc? If you do a q process
you can get the total bytes written so far... I for one don't need to know
how fast the data is being written to tape. I would rather the programmers
spend time fixing the problems that they introduce with each patch. My
.02...

Graphical would be nice, I'd settle for an API I could get the raw data
from myself.

Personalyy while the sentiment is nice that you'd rather the developers
spend time on fixing problems they introduce in their patches, If you've
ever had to diagnose & debug a problem with performance or operation, as
much data as possible about what's happening is invaluable.
If you can't get the data out of the system, you might as well use a
worse system, that at least you CAN see what's happening.

Mark