ADSM-L

Re: TSM v4.2.2.5 to v5.1.0.0 upgrade failed (AIX) - resolution

2002-06-27 07:28:20
Subject: Re: TSM v4.2.2.5 to v5.1.0.0 upgrade failed (AIX) - resolution
From: "Gretchen L. Thiele" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 07:15:48 EDT
Is this problem unique to us? Probably not. It's related to a client
problem that showed up about two weeks earlier. An error about
deleting entries from the Expiring.Objects table (or something close
to that). Check out all of your recent ANR9999Ds.

In any event, this error represented a 'corruption' in the database
and you can't upgrade a database in this condition. I did try to
delete the account in the hope that it would take the bad whatever
with it, but that, too, failed. The audit is required to fix this
situation so that we can upgrade.

If you aren't seeing any errors, you probably won't have a problem.
I always go into an upgrade prepared - backups, migrate everything
off disk, etc., so that I can recover on a moment's notice. Having
recovered WDSF/ADSM/TSM databases *way* too many times in the past,
it's a lot easier now than it has been. Since I don't have the
luxury of a test system, I approach every upgrade as a recovery
'opportunity'.

Gretchen Thiele
Princeton University