ADSM-L

Performance of TSM 4.1.4 with Solaris

2002-06-26 23:08:41
Subject: Performance of TSM 4.1.4 with Solaris
From: Charles Anderson <ceanderson AT DIS.UMSMED DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 22:06:48 -0500
Folks,

I have TSM server 4.1.4 on a Sun E450 with 4 processors, 2Gb of ram, 21
disks as the primary stgpool across 3 SCSI busses.  We have around 100
nodes backing up to this puppy, backing up around 90Gb nightly (
achiving 11Gb a night ).  I'm seeing pretty consistent throughput from
the nodes of around 1Gb every 12minutes.  Does this sound right to
y'all?  The E450 is Gigabit ethernet connected to our backup network,
but the nodes are almost all on 100Mb connections.

Thanks for your help,

Ed Anderson
Unix Systems Administrator
University of Mississippi Medical Center
ceanderson AT dis.umsmed DOT edu