ADSM-L

Problems after unloaddb/loaddb

2002-06-25 13:35:39
Subject: Problems after unloaddb/loaddb
From: "Anderson, Michael - HMIS" <Michael_Anderson AT HMIS DOT ORG>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 13:35:51 -0400
        I tried to do a unloaddb/loaddb on my test system today. I did the
following steps

            1) unloaddb (seemed to work ok)
                dsmserv unloaddb devclass=tapeclass

            2) issued dsmserv format command as follows from root directory
                dsmserv format 2 /usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/log.dsm
/tsmstg1/logvol1.dsm 2 /usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/db.dsm
               /tsmstg1/db01.dsm   (once again seems to work ok)

            3) issue loaddb
                dsmserv loaddb devclass=tapeclass volume=2668b0

              I receive the following error anr0982e  Server database must
be initialized before the database can be loaded.
             in the error message book it says to run the dsmserv install,
however the reference manual says that the
             dsmserv format command replaced the install. So my question is
what did I do wrong in my format command,
             and why did it look like it worked with no errors?  Server
4.1.5.3  AIX 4.3.3

confidential
message.