ADSM-L

include/exclude question

2002-06-24 23:03:12
Subject: include/exclude question
From: Ruksana Siddiqui <Ruksana.Siddiqui AT AMCOR.COM DOT AU>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 13:01:50 +1000
Hi all,

On NT/ 2000 server I have a drive I want to exclude from the backup but I
have a directory in that drive which I want to include in the backup.
in my dsm.opt file  I have
domain a: b: c: d: f:

and it backups all the drives I mentioned
and even if I don't have the above mentioned line by default it's backing up
all the drives on the server.

I tried doing the following in dsm.opt

exclude.dir "a:\"
exclude.dir "b:\"
exclude.dir "c:\"
exclude.dir "d:\"
exclude.dir "f:\"
include "c:\abc\abc.txt" mgtname

with above nothing works .

what is the procedure I need to follow to backup :
all the drives except f:\
and a directory in f:\

include.dir "a:\"
include.dir "b:\"
include.dir "c:\"
include.dir "d:\"
exclude.dir "f:\"
include "f:\abc\" mgtname

any help is highly appreciated.

CAUTION - This message may contain privileged and confidential information
intended only for the use of the addressee named above. If you are not the
intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that any use,
dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this message is prohibited. If
you have received this message in error please notify AMCOR immediately. Any
views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and may not
necessarily reflect the views of AMCOR.