ADSM-L

Export node information.

2002-06-24 11:34:25
Subject: Export node information.
From: "Ochs, Duane" <Duane.Ochs AT QG DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 10:32:40 -0500
Has anyone run an Export node for Exchange data ?

For instance: I have a node that had the incorrect MC assigned in the opt
file. My deletion process that runs on the TDP client deletes excess backups
but keeps 1 per month for 18 months.

I ran a q occupancy and found that there were 360 backup versions (1.6tb)
for this one TDP for Exchange client, I was able to rebind the active files,
but 348 copies are inactive and can not be modified.

I called Tivoli and found that TDP for Exchange 1.1 went out of service on
3-31-2002. So no support, unless we extend our maintenance or get charged
the hourly charge.

My attempt at a solution:

export node "client node" filedata=allactive

Remove the tapes from the jukebox that the export completed to.

Delete the filespaces associated to the client.

Load the tapes back into the jukebox, then import the data.

It should work... Right ?

Duane Ochs
Systems Administration
Quad/Graphics Inc.