ADSM-L

Re: Mount points

2002-06-24 10:18:04
Subject: Re: Mount points
From: Miles Purdy <PURDYM AT FIPD.GC DOT CA>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 09:15:40 -0500
The devclass should be set to 'DRIVES', ex:
ANS8000I Server command: 'q devclass 3580'

Device        Device         Storage     Device        Format      Est/Max
Mount
Class         Access            Pool     Type                     Capacity
Limit
Name          Strategy         Count                                  (MB)
---------     ----------     -------     ---------     ------     --------
------
    ------
3580          Sequential           5     LTO           DRIVE
DRIVES

ANS8002I Highest return code was 0.

As for the clients, set it to 4, unless you want to limit the number of drives
that it can have. For example, you may want to limit your test node to 1, but
your production node should have access to all four, if it needs them.

Ex:
ANS8000I Server command: 'q node unxp f=d'

                     Node Name: UNXP
                      Platform: AIX
               Client OS Level: 4.3
                Client Version: Version 4, Release 2, Level 2.1
            Policy Domain Name: NISA_DOM
            Keep Mount Point?: No
<snip>
  Maximum Mount Points Allowed: 6
        Auto Filespace Rename : No

ANS8002I Highest return code was 0.

Miles

-------------------
Miles Purdy
Miles Purdy
System Manager
Farm Income Programs Directorate
Winnipeg, MB, CA
purdym AT fipd.gc DOT ca
ph: (204) 984-1602 fax: (204) 983-7557

"If you hold a UNIX shell up to your ear, can you hear the C?"
>>> Dallas.Gill AT AVENTIS DOT COM 24-Jun-02 12:31:02 AM >>>
>>> Dallas.Gill AT AVENTIS DOT COM 24-Jun-02 12:31:02 AM >>>
Can anybody give advice on mount points, I have 4 drives in an LTO 3583
library, My job will only ever mount 2 of these drives at any one time even
if I put 4 for the limit in the devclass and also in the client. Can someone
please help?

Thanks
Dallas