ADSM-L

Oracle Database backup through TSM

2002-06-22 05:16:28
Subject: Oracle Database backup through TSM
From: Ajay_Deshpande <Ajay_Deshpande AT SATYAM DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 10:22:22 +0530
Hi All,
I want to archive my Oracle database file through TSM ( Rel 4.1on HP 11)
without using the RMAN ( Orcale utility). Right now I am archiving
individual database files from each mount point. I have around 250 files
totaling 100gb and I give following command for each file ( sequentially in
a shell script)
dsmc archive -archmc=cis365day -description="FILE1" "/u01/ORACLE/DATABASE/*"
1> $dsmlog 2> $dsmerr
I repeat this command for each mount point.
Do we have any configuration through which we can include all the database
files spread across mount points to be archived in a single command so that
restoring/querying of the archived will be easy.

Thanks,
Ajay Deshpande
is appreciated.