ADSM-L

Re: snmp

2002-06-21 03:50:52
Subject: Re: snmp
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 10:40:47 +0300
Password of SNMPADMIN has nothing to do with community name. In fact
whatever password you set it does not matter.
Community string is necessary for SNMP operations.
Assuming you are using snmpinfo from the *same* box you should use:
# snmpinfo -v -ms -c private ibmAdsmServerScript1.1="q_db_util"
Note usage of '-c private'. This is the community with ReadWrite access as
per default /etc/snmpd.conf installed by AIX. If your site have modified
the communities in the file select appropriate one.
Later read the result with any Read community. Do not forget that *each*
read on ibmAdsmM1ReturnValue invokes the script again.

Example:
# snmpinfo -v -ms -c private ibmAdsmServerScript1.1="datetime"
ibmAdsmServerScript1.1 = "datetime"
# snmpinfo -v -mg ibmAdsmM1ReturnValue.1
ibmAdsmM1ReturnValue.1 = "
   Date           Time
2002-06-21       10:40:23
2002-06-21       10:40:23
ANR1462I RUN: Command script DATETIME completed successfully.
"
Hope this helps. If not ask again.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant