ADSM-L

Re: NSM Upgrade Experience

2002-06-20 14:11:55
Subject: Re: NSM Upgrade Experience
From: "Jolliff, Dale" <xjolliff AT TI DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 13:10:07 -0500
The corruption was in the DB before the upgrade.
There is a bad lock contention problem when running expiration with
4.2.2.0-4.
(4.2.2.4 did mitigate the problem some but didn't solve it)

We had symptoms prior to the upgrade, since the upgrade to 4.2.2 we have
been crashing on a regular basis.

I just shipped off a core dump, activity log and output from a lot of show
commands this morning to level 2 that showed an expiration process hanging
and the scheduler manager crashing.

It's not pretty, and I wouldn't go there if I didn't have to.

Again, YMMV - I may just be one unlucky S.O.B.