ADSM-L

TSM/ISM Managing System "Client" license?

2002-06-18 16:44:26
Subject: TSM/ISM Managing System "Client" license?
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 23:41:14 +0300
Hello again,

I have another nut too hard to break alone. So asking for help:
As we know Tivoli reverted back to TMPs-based licensing. So there we have
TSM (Managing System) / MgSysLAN (Managed) / MgSysSAN (Managed) types.
Each type does have Tier 1 / Tier 2 / Tier 3 / Client licenses. And
T1/T2/T3 are servers "according to customer application environment, not
Tivoli environment", Client licenses are for clients again according to
your/our environment.
So my question is:
If we have *dedicated* TSM server, i.e. it does not serve files, does not
run RDBMS, etc. and this server is on AIX/HP-UX/Solaris that server does
NOT require Tier 2 (120 TMPs) or Tier 3 (550 TMPs) license but requires
TSM "Client" license (50 TMPs). Nodes (being application servers) would
require Tier 1/2/3 MgSysLan or MgSysSAN licenses.
Am I wrong? Please comment.
Thank you in advance for any opinions.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

P.S. I know Managed System for LAN "Client" is 4 TMPs but am asking about
TSM Server "Client" license.

Zlatko