ADSM-L

Re: Copygroup settings for Incremental and full backups

2002-06-18 13:54:20
Subject: Re: Copygroup settings for Incremental and full backups
From: Mahesh Tailor <MTailor AT CARILION DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 13:52:19 -0400
Yahya,

In your policy, leave the existing management class (i.e. 35 days, etc.) as the
default class then define a new management class and copygroup with the
appropriate settings (i.e. 365 days,etc.) then assign the appropriate
filesystem to the new management class.  To make this assignment, simply use an
include statement with the management class name.

Hope this helps.

Mahesh

>>> Yahya.Ilyas AT ASU DOT EDU 06/18/02 11:56AM >>>
Is it possible to setup one filesystem of a node to keep backup for 365 days
and other filesystems' backups of that node to 35 days?

currently I have setup copygroup parameters of all domains  to 35
(verexists, verdeleted, retextra, retonly) for all incremental and full
backups.  Now on one ADSM client machine I need to have daily incremental
backups and keep it for 35 days, and on one of the filesystems of that node,
a full backup after every 30 days and keep that backup for 12 months.

I want to keep that full backup of that one filesystem for 12 months, and
backups of all other filesystems of that node to 35 versions and days.

I defined a separate domain, policy, mgmtclass, copygroup etc.  and
transferred that node to this new domain.  Defined an incremental schedule
and a Selective backup for the filesystem for monthly full backup.  But now
in this setting if I set VEREXISTS, VERDELETED, VEREXTRA, RETONLY of
copygroup to 365, it will keep all of the filesystems of that node to 365
days.  Is it possible of what I want to do with these backups?
Thanks
Yahya