ADSM-L

Interim Solution for Novell Backups

2002-06-18 13:01:50
Subject: Interim Solution for Novell Backups
From: Kelli Jones <JONESK AT CO.CHESTERFIELD.VA DOT US>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 13:01:43 -0400
TSM 4.1.5
AIX 4.3.3

We are still using Novell Netware 4.11 on some of our major servers, including
our GroupWise email system.  We are phasing out Novell and bringing in MS
servers over the next 1-2 years.  However, we are going to have to move forward
with our TSM upgrade since support for 4.1 is ending for 3466 users at the end
of October.  We will pick up the new MS servers in TSM as we go but management
wants an interim, inexpensive solution for backing up the Novell servers (which
are still running TSM 3.7) in the meantime.  We are just going to pull them off
of TSM.  Does anyone have any ideas?   Does TSM have another option that would
work in the interim?  (Keeping in mind that we don't won't all of our other
servers in an unsupported platform while we wait for our Novell servers to
disappear).  I know this is a strange scenario...

Thanks so much!

Kelli Jones
Chesterfield County Information Systems Technology
jonesk AT co.chesterfield.va DOT us
phone: 804-748-1951
fax: 804-748-1571