ADSM-L

Re: good readings

2002-06-18 04:49:14
Subject: Re: good readings
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 09:48:05 +0300
Unfortunately yes :(

To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc:

Speaking of Richard Sims, I am guessing that Marist's upgrade didn't fix
Richard's ability to get mail from the list.

bummer.

                    Zlatko
                    Krastev/ACIT         To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    <acit@ATTGLOBA       cc:
                    L.NET>               Subject:     Re: good readings
                    Sent by:
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MAR
                    IST.EDU>

                    06/14/2002
                    04:14 PM
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Rick,

if you only new to the list it is OK. But if you are also new to TSM I
would highly recommend you to start with SG24-4877 "Tivoli Storage
Management Concepts". Read all the chapters relevant to what you have -
"must read" 1-8 + "optional" 9-13,30 + any related to your TDP (if any,
chapters 15-24).
After becoming familiar with the terms and functionality in TSM have a
look at SG24-6277 "Tivoli Storage Manager v4.2: Technical Guide" and (as
Joel suggested) SG24-5416 "Getting Started with TSM: Implementation
Guide".
It also might be worth the effort to look at Richard Sims's ADSM/TSM facts
page (http://people.bu.edu/rbs/ADSM.QuickFacts).

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Please respond to rick AT imageway DOT com