ADSM-L

Out of space on server?

2002-06-17 18:51:17
Subject: Out of space on server?
From: "Coats, Jack" <Jack.Coats AT BANKSTERLING DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 17:47:26 -0500
This is the first time I have set up TSM from scratch by myself.
So far this test server is running, except a client can
only backup about 300K then I get an 'out of space on server' message
on the client and the data never makes it to a disk pool.

I have looked at all the normal things I can think of:
 1 client points to a policy domain, (NTTEST -> STANDARD>
 2 policy domain points to a policy set, (STANDARD ->
 3 policy set points to a management class,
 4 management class points to backup copy group,
 5 backup copy group points to a copy destination that is a disk storage
pool
   that has plenty of data space (and points to a sequential / tape
   storage pool that is mainly empty).

Suggestions? ... I am at the end of my rope.

... And a BIG thanks to everyone who helped me with my setting up
    reclamation issues.  I am getting back tapes in large numbers
    (3 or 4 additional a day) to go back into our scratch pool.
    The right parameters made a BIG difference! ... Jack