ADSM-L

Re: Space reclamation to tapepool

2002-06-16 08:16:54
Subject: Re: Space reclamation to tapepool
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 15:05:05 +0300
You cannot have "migration" back to disk pool - TSM will not allow you to
create closed loop of pools and pool of type DISK cannot be set as
reclamation pool.
You have to define pool over devclass of type FILE and set it as
reclamation pool to the tape pool. And the size of file pool does not need
to be large as for the disk one. Its size can be no larger than ammount of
data to be reclaimed from a tape. Example: DLT 8000 with estimated
capacity 80GB, reclamation threshold 60% gives 80GB*(100-60%)=32GB
reclaimable data. If you are in heavy constraint you can shrink further
reclamation pool but either reclamation will run in two passes or you have
to increase reclamation threshold.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant