ADSM-L

Re: TDP Domino

2002-06-14 13:33:27
Subject: Re: TDP Domino
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 09:02:43 -0700
I'm not sure anyone has understood the issue, yes it could also be me not
understanding the answers, so I'll try and be more specific this time. So
far nothing anyone has told me deals with the specific question we have.

The scenario is this. We were double backing up the nsf files on these
servers. Once with the baclient backup and once with TDP Domino. Both backed
up about 350+ nsf files each. So obviously the databases changed and both
backups saw that.

We turned off the standard backups by excluding the nsf files in the dsm.opt
for the baclient only. None have been backed up with the standard backup
since then. The weird thing is that the "TDP for Domino" went from backing
up 350+ files down to less than 10. WHY?

So here is the question. If it's working correctly why are the 2 "TDP for
Domino" backups below so different? Why did the TDP go from backing up 350+
a night to almost nothing? We didn't change anything else on any of the
Domino servers except adding the exclude and they all now act the same as
this. Why would entering the exclude in the DSM.OPT for the standard NT
backup force this big of a change in how many files the "TDP for Domino"
backs up?