ADSM-L

Re: 3590 pricing (used)

2002-06-13 16:15:38
Subject: Re: 3590 pricing (used)
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 13:13:34 -0700
> > Has anyone purchased used 3590 equipment recently and would be willing
> > share a reasonable ballpark dollar amount?  We are running out of room
in
> > our 3494 and would like to start converting our S/390 over from 3490
> > 3590.  What would be a good price for an A60 controller and four
3590E1A
> or
> > B1a (escon) drives?

We just purchased a bunch of this.

3590E1A's were around 15-16k each
A60 was 18-19k I think. Purchasing did not give me the final bottom line
purchase order to look at the prices. I just know I got it all for less than
half of what was in the budget and they were impressed I saved so much.

If you want to email me privately I can send you the info on the company we
got it all from. No problems at all since it's all banded equipment.

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer
SAIC