ADSM-L

Re: TDP for MS-SQL 2.2

2002-06-13 12:23:10
Subject: Re: TDP for MS-SQL 2.2
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 12:21:32 -0400
> We just installed the TDP for MS-SQL 2.2
>
> On a restore thru the GUI the backups and archives for the previous
> release were not visible. Is there some way to make these available to
> the new version?

Larry,

Do you mean version 1?  If so, please look at the section in
the README and User's Guide about Version 1 and Version 2.
In a nutshell:

   Backups made with TDP for MS SQL Version 1 CANNOT be queried or
   restored using Version 2 nor can backups made with Version 2 be
   queried or restored using Version 1.

   You must keep TDP for MS SQL Version 1 for as long as you have
   Version 1 backups that may need to be restored.

   They can coexist, that is, you can have both installed on the
   machine at the same time.

   The reasons have to do with policy management and object naming.
   More details can be found in the User's Guide.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

Live your life as an exclamation, not an explanation.
Strive for excellence, not perfection.