ADSM-L

TDP Domino

2002-06-13 09:59:52
Subject: TDP Domino
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 06:57:44 -0700
We, meaning the Notes guys, had got things working with the Domino agent
recently. To backup the backups the nsf files were being backed up by the
regular baclient till we figured out if the TDP we configured was working
properly. On Monday we added an exclude to remove the nsf files from the
standard backups and all of a sudden the Domino Monday to Friday incremental
backups went from backing up 300+ DB's to less than 10.

Can anyone explain why this happened? We know for fact there should have
been at least 100 db's that changed and should have backed up. Should we
also have separate dsm.opt files for each of the 3 Domino type backups we
have doing, archive, incremental and selective?

Thanks for the help.
Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer
SAIC
E-Mail:    <mailto:gillg AT saic DOT com> gillg AT saic DOT com
Phone:  (858) 826-4062
Pager:   (877) 905-7154