ADSM-L

Re: Dell 130T library is full

2002-06-12 20:01:38
Subject: Re: Dell 130T library is full
From: Mark Stapleton <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 18:59:31 -0500
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
TSM Admin
> We use a Dell 130T library with 2 DLT7000 drives and 30 slots.  TSM only
> appears to see 29 of the 30 slots.  When we try to checkin
> another tape, we
> get an error stating that the library is full. We can only see 29
> tapes when
> we have autoclean disables on the library. With it enabled, we
> can only see
> 28 slots. Slot 7 is used for a cleaning tape. Has anyone else encountered
> this type of problem? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

A warm beer says that the empty slot is one reserved for a cleaner tape.
Check your hardware manual to see if there's a way to load a cleaner
cartridge through the front panel's I/O station. If there is, and you remove
the cleaner from its present slot and load it by using the library itself,
it'll go in that 30th slot.

Certified TSM consultant
Certified AIX system engineer
MSCE