ADSM-L

what happens to the data

2002-06-11 23:38:17
Subject: what happens to the data
From: Ruksana Siddiqui <Ruksana.Siddiqui AT AMCOR.COM DOT AU>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 13:36:38 +1000
Hi all,

TSM has marked one of my tape which has VIMP data on it as unavailable and I
managed to make its access READONLY.
q libv is not picking the vol - and I can see ( physically ) that the tape
is in the library -
On the panel of the library the tape is referred as something else and I
believe the barcode is stuffed.
I checked the tape out of the library manually and sure now that is the tape
I want.

Now can I check this tape in as private and see if it recognizes it - ?
what else can I do -
I can't efford to lose the data on the tape.

with regards,

CAUTION - This message may contain privileged and confidential information
intended only for the use of the addressee named above. If you are not the
intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that any use,
dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this message is prohibited. If
you have received this message in error please notify AMCOR immediately. Any
views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and may not
necessarily reflect the views of AMCOR.