ADSM-L

Re: unknown API-Error "425"

2002-06-07 09:42:30
Subject: Re: unknown API-Error "425"
From: "William F. Colwell" <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 09:40:21 -0400
Wolf-C,

Here is a part of the dsmrc.h file that documents the tsm api return codes.

/*---------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
/* 400-430  for options                                              /* 400-430
 for options                                                      */
/*---------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
#define DSM_RC_INVALID_OPT          400 /* invalid option            #define
DSM_RC_INVALID_OPT          400 /* invalid option                   */
#define DSM_RC_NO_HOST_ADDR         405 /* Not enuf info to connect server  */
#define DSM_RC_NO_OPT_FILE          406 /*No default user configuration file*/
#define DSM_RC_MACHINE_SAME         408 /* -MACHINENAME same as real name   */
#define DSM_RC_INVALID_SERVER       409 /* Invalid server name from client  */
#define DSM_RC_INVALID_KEYWORD      410 /* Invalid option keyword           */
#define DSM_RC_PATTERN_TOO_COMPLEX  411 /* Can't match Include/Exclude entry*/
#define DSM_RC_NO_CLOSING_BRACKET   412 /* Missing closing bracket inc/excl */
#define DSM_RC_OPT_CLIENT_NOT_ACCEPTING 417/* Client doesn't accept this
option*/
                                       /* from the server                   */
#define DSM_RC_OPT_CLIENT_DOES_NOT_WANT 418/* Client doesn't want this value*/
                                       /* from the server                   */
#define DSM_RC_OPT_NO_INCLEXCL_FILE 419   /* inclexcl file not found        */
#define DSM_RC_OPT_OPEN_FAILURE     420   /* can't open file                */
#define DSM_RC_OPT_INV_NODENAME     421/* used for Windows if nodename=local
                                          machine when CLUSTERNODE=YES       */
#define DSM_RC_CLUSTER_NOT_ENABLED  422/* cluster server is not running or   */
                                       /* installed when CLUSTERNODE=YES     */
#define DSM_RC_OPT_NODENAME_INVALID 423/* generic invalid nodename           */

As ou can see, 425 isn't here, but then, that is what the message is saying,
isn't it?
I think you should contact Tivoli support.

Hope this helps,

Bill

At 09:12 AM 6/7/2002, you wrote:
>> Dear specalist and customers,
>>
>> I need some help for the TDP 2.2 Product of our Exchange Servers.
>> We backed up our Information-Stores over a GB/Ethernet  tcp/ip connection
>> with very bad performance and long durations.
>> After some tunings we got an "unknown API-Error" Code 425.
>>
>> But first some Hardwareinformations:
>> We use Compaq-Server with four 450 MHz prozzessors, 4 GB Ram,
>> GB/Eth.-card, Exhange 5.5 incl. SP4, Win NT 4.0 incl. SP 6a,
>> TSM B/A Client 4.2.1.16, TDP 2.2 and in the Backend a Comparex Tetragon
>> Disk-Subsystem.
>>
>> To tune the performance we opened a problemrecord with IBM and changed
>> some parameters (Buffersize from 1024 to 8192 and Buffers from 3 to 8).
>> After this tunings we got the first time the "code 425" and we doesn 't
>> got out of this Problem yet by the way of uesing GB/Ethernet.
>> Does anyone have also bad Experiance with this Error ?
>>
>> IBM told us, that this problem is based on the Microsoft API-Interface.
>> There should be an HRBACKUPREAD-Problem with filling up the Buffers with
>> Datas as fast as it should be done.
>> The time is probably  too long  and than it becomes a timeout followed by
>> the unknown API-Error.
>> Is there someone who can help us?
>> May a lot of TDP users have the same, unexplained problem.
>> It would be nice to here of you soon.
>>
>> kindley regards
>>
>> Wolf-Christian Lücke
>>
>> K-DOI-44
>> Volkswagen AG Wolfsburg
>> Storage Management
>> Windows Platform
>>
>> Tel.: 05361/9-22124
>> E-Fax:        05361/9-57-22124
>>
>> E-Mail:       mailto:wolf-christian.luecke AT volkswagen DOT de

Bill Colwell
Bill Colwell
C. S. Draper Lab
Cambridge Ma.