ADSM-L

Re: Technical question.

2002-06-07 05:40:24
Subject: Re: Technical question.
From: Jozef Zatko <zatko AT LOGIN DOT SK>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 11:22:43 +0200
Christian,
there is no problem to run two TSM servers on one machine. You can have on
both machines installed two TSM servers (one active and
second inactive but ready to use in case of fail).
Then, when one of them fail, you can restore its database (from latest
backup) on second machine and run  both servers simultaneously.
Or you can backup TSM database on each other via server-to-server
configuration.
Another question is if you need to automate this proces. Probably the best
solution would be to use cluster (if it is possible, as I do not know your
platform, servers location and so on).

Hope this helps

Ing. Jozef Zatko
Login a.s.
Dlha 2, Stupava
tel.: (421) (2) 60252618

Christian Astuni <astuni AT AR.IBM DOT COM>
06.06.2002 15:55