ADSM-L

Re: IBM 3584 L32 LTO configuration question

2002-06-06 07:23:40
Subject: Re: IBM 3584 L32 LTO configuration question
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 14:21:31 +0300
Kevin,

you provoked many answers to wrong thread. So get an answer on this one as
well.
Facts about 3584:
you can have HVD, LVD or FC drives or mix of them;
you can have from 1 to 72 drives;
you can use one or dual channel SCSI, integrated or on slot;
you can connect drives one per bus, two or even more if not pay
attention to recommendations;
you can access SCSI drives through SAN gateway (FC-SCSI);
you can have direct attached FC drives (or SAN gates), connect through
hub or fabric;
etc., etc. ...
Zillions of options and all are up to you. All (or nearly all) are working
and can serve you. Choose one which you think should fit to your needs and
then ask is it good. But there is no simple/short answer to your generic
question. And if you search list archives you can see many people's
configurations.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant