ADSM-L

USS Client under OS/390 V2R10

2002-06-05 17:52:41
Subject: USS Client under OS/390 V2R10
From: "Van der Want, Theo" <theo.vanderwant AT CAPITALONE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 17:35:55 -0400
We upgraded to OS/390 V2R10 from V2R7 over the weekend and users are now
unable to retrieve archives done by a schedule.  It seems that OS/390 V2R7
allowed users the retrieve these files even though they were not the ones
that did the archive.  Under USS the "node name" remains constant, but the
user changes, depending who logs on and goes into DSMC.  We are able to
retrieve the archive when we are in superuser mode (root), but as a normal
user we get the message "ANS1302E No objects on server match query".

Has anyone else experienced this phenomena and how do you get around it
elegantly?

Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Theo