ADSM-L

Re: The old SCRATCH TAPE NOT FOUND message

2002-06-05 12:51:40
Subject: Re: The old SCRATCH TAPE NOT FOUND message
From: Rob Jones <RJones AT DOTLOGIX DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 11:49:55 -0500
Hi Pattie,
Thanks for responding.  I believe I did a full backup the first time and
even did one just now with same errors.

ANR2017I Administrator ADMIN issued command: BACKUP DB
                       DEVCLASS=ULTRIUM1 TYPE=FULL SCRATCH=YES WAIT=NO

06/05/02 11:45:38     ANR0984I Process 115 for DATABASE BACKUP started in
the
                       BACKGROUND at 11:45:38.

06/05/02 11:45:38     ANR2280I Full database backup started as process 115.

06/05/02 11:45:38     ANR0609I BACKUP DB started as process 115.

06/05/02 11:45:40     ANR1405W Scratch volume mount request denied - no
scratch
                       volume available.

06/05/02 11:45:41     ANR4578E Database backup/restore terminated -
required
                       volume was not mounted.

06/05/02 11:45:41     ANR0985I Process 115 for DATABASE BACKUP running in
the
                       BACKGROUND completed with completion state FAILURE
at
                       11:45:41.
When I first installed TSM, it works for about 3 days doing regular DB
BACKUPs.  Something
happens and it won't allow me to mount the tapes and do the backup. I've
installed it now
3 times with the same results.

Respectfully,

Rob L. Jones
Operations
dotLogix, Inc. - Smarter, Faster Business
901-260-7137

|---------+------------------------------------>
|         |           Pattie LeBlanc           |
|         |           <Patricia.Leblanc@LIBERTY|
|         |           MUTUAL.COM>              |
|         |           Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor|
|         |           Manager"                 |
|         |           <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>   |
|         |                                    |
|         |                                    |
|         |           06/05/2002 10:24 AM      |
|         |           Please respond to "ADSM: |
|         |           Dist Stor Manager"       |

  |       To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                                                                            |
  |       cc:
                                                                     |
  |       Subject:  Re: The old SCRATCH TAPE NOT FOUND message

You need to do a full backup.  And make sure you have available drives when
you start it.