ADSM-L

Re: LTO don't need clean up?

2002-06-04 19:41:19
Subject: Re: LTO don't need clean up?
From: Tab Trepagnier <Tab.Trepagnier AT LAITRAM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 18:39:18 -0500
Becky,

I've had similar experience.  We send about 100 GB / day to our 3583 (4
drives).  As far as I know no drive has ever cleaned itself.  The library
has been in service since last October.  But in general, drive cleanings
are rare on our system.  We have a mix of 3570, LTO, and DLT media and I
see 1-2 drive cleaning events per month on the average.  That's across a
total of 16 drives.

And we too have had two LTO drives replaced because of tapes stuck in them.
And I mean SERIOUSLY stuck!  The local CE disassembled the first drive that
jammed and still couldn't remove the tape!

Tab Trepagnier
TSM Administrator
Laitram Corporation

"Davidson, Becky" <Becky.Davidson AT SLBG DOT COM>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 06/04/2002