ADSM-L

BEST WAY to MIGRATE TO NEW DEVICE CLASS

2002-06-03 08:22:57
Subject: BEST WAY to MIGRATE TO NEW DEVICE CLASS
From: "MC Matt Cooper (2838)" <Matt.Cooper AT AMGREETINGS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 08:21:26 -0400
Hello all,
           I am in a situation where I want to migrate a COPYPOOL to a
different DEVICE CLASS.  (I would settle for a change to the high level
qualifier on the tape but that can not be done.)    I asked TSM and they
said that I have to define a new COPYPOOL, associate it with the new DEVICE
CLASS and do BACKUP primary pool to COPYPOOL until it has all been copied.
I have 10 TB of data in the COPYPOOL and I am running on z/OS.  Which means
I am usually busy during 1st and half of 2nd  shift.  Either way it would
take a week of dedicated tape to tape activity (3 processes at 20GB/hr each)
to do.
        DOES ANYONE HAVE A WAY AROUND THIS?   OR A SUGGESTED COARSE OF
ACTION?
Matt