ADSM-L

select formatting

2002-05-29 19:15:09
Subject: select formatting
From: Gerald Wichmann <gwichman AT ZANTAZ DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 16:15:30 -0700
The below output is from a simple select statement. I hate to ask this again
but its been a while since I've done it and I forget how to format the
columns. What I need to do is extract the node names from the backup server
so that I can then perform operations on them. How do I increase the width
of the column to get the desired effect? I suppose set sqldisplaymode would
do it but I'm actually running the select query from a perl script via a
dsmadmc command.

i.e.:

@RESULT = `/opt/Tivoli/tsm/client/admin/bin/dsmadmc -id=admin -pa=admin
"select node_name from nodes"`;

returns the below when what I want is to store the node names in an array

Obtaining list of nodes on backup server..
Tivoli Storage Manager
Command Line Administrative Interface - Version 4, Release 2, Level 2.0
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation, 1990, 2001, All Rights Reserved.

Session established with server SERVER1: Solaris 7/8
  Server Version 4, Release 2, Level 2.0
  Server date/time: 05/29/02   23:05:26  Last access: 05/29/02   22:54:56

ANS8000I Server command: 'select node_name from nodes'

NODE_NAME
------------------
ORION-41.8-10.0.1-
ORION-41.8-10.0.1-