ADSM-L

Re: Unload/Loaddb Question: what happens after a little time pass es

2002-05-29 13:28:41
Subject: Re: Unload/Loaddb Question: what happens after a little time pass es
From: "Scott, Brian" <bscott AT EDS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 13:26:46 -0400
Andrew,

We've run the unload on both Wintel and Sun based TSM backup servers that
were about 15 - 20GB in size and 80 - 90% utilized. Our expiration process
went from 2 hours to 30 minutes and so far our benefits are good for about a
year. We had the Lotus Notes Connect Agent eating up a ton our DB pages
which was why we needed to run it yearly. So, it's going to depend on how
many objects go in and then expired out of your DB to really determine when
you run the unload.

Just my thoughts...

Brian Scott
EDS - Enterprise Distributed Capabilities
MS 3278
Troy, MI 48098

* phone: 248-265-4596 (8-365)
* mailto:bscott AT eds DOT com