ADSM-L

AW: about DRM

2002-05-29 02:42:12
Subject: AW: about DRM
From: "Luscombe John (HS)" <John.Luscombe AT CONCORDIA DOT CH>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 08:40:29 +0200
Burak,

As far as I understand it, the reclamation of offsite copy pool carts is not
a DRM function, reclamation is a standard part of TSM where a new tape is
produced locally that consolidates the carts offsite that are partly full.
The thing that DRM does for you is to manage the movement of which carts to
send offsite and which ones to bring back because they have been reclaimed.
I think that's right.

John.

>Hi,
>I am trying to understand DRM concept especially the reclamation part.
>As the volumes become "FULL" they will be reclaimed when the data is low
>(define in pool's RECLAIM value)
>even if they are offsite copies. The primary pool volumes onsite will be
used
>and
>reclaimed EMPTY copy pool volumes will be returned. >
>
>Now my point comes. I have a schedule to backup primary pool every day to
>copy pool. I have one FILLING volume everyday to send to offsite. Then,
there
>will
>be 20 volumes offsite (with FILLING status, and very little data on it)
What is