ADSM-L

Re: Linux TSM-Client for XFS

2002-05-29 00:52:28
Subject: Re: Linux TSM-Client for XFS
From: Mark Stapleton <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 23:50:28 -0500
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
Oing, Stefan
> I´m searching for a Linux TSM Client supporting XFS for Linux. Does anyone
> knows something about this? Is it supported by the regular TSM Client for
> Linux???

Not explicitly, but you can take a hint from our Linux friends who had to
contend with the lack of support for ext3 and reiserfs. Set a
virtualmountpoint for each of your filesystems in the dsm.sys option file.
See if that will allow for XFS filesystem backups.

Certified TSM consultant
Certified AIX system engineer
MSCE