ADSM-L

Moving tape(s) from a library to other one

2002-05-27 06:56:26
Subject: Moving tape(s) from a library to other one
From: Krzysztof Kus <kkus AT OPTIX DOT PL>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 12:54:16 +0200
Hi!

    Is it possible to move one tape (or subset of stg) from one library
to other one (with the same kind of drives)? I'm trying to imagine how
to restore particular node data in any case of library outage.

Since now I've found out that I can check out all tapes from the stg,
update devclass to point to the second library and check the tapes into
the second library.

Will it work? What will happen if the first library is not accessible
any more?

--