ADSM-L

Re: big data pool volumes

2002-05-27 03:28:45
Subject: Re: big data pool volumes
From: Michael Benjamin <MBenjamin AT BUNNINGS.COM DOT AU>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 15:26:42 +0800
Perform an errpt -a -j21F54B38 and provide more information regarding the
disk errors, are they TEMP or PERM errors?

It shows up at: http://www-aix.gsi.de/~hocks/aix.errpt.codes.html as a
permanent disk error, which is not good. A bad block
relocation is regarded as a TEMP error.

21F54B38 DISK_ERR1 PERM H DISK OPERATION ERROR

It's possible you have a failing drive and this is affecting the TSM
database? Without more information this is speculative...

I would ensure I had a current dbbackup, and consider relocating the
database to another set of disks; if you
are in fact having drive errors, you risk TSM database corruption.

        21F54B38   0525000902 P H hdisk2         DISK OPERATION ERROR
> 21F54B38   0525000902 P H hdisk2         DISK OPERATION ERROR
> 21F54B38   0525000902 P H hdisk2         DISK OPERATION ERROR

Bunnings Legal Disclaimer:

1)      This document is confidential and may contain legally privileged
        information. If you are not the intended recipient you must not
        read, copy, distribute or act in reliance on it.
        If you have received this document in error, please telephone
        us immediately on (08) 9365-1555.

2)      All e-mails sent to and sent from Bunnings Building Supplies are
        scanned for content. Any material deemed to contain inappropriate
        subject matter will be reported to the e-mail administrator of
        all parties concerned.