ADSM-L

AIX and client level 4.2.1.25

2002-05-24 10:07:59
Subject: AIX and client level 4.2.1.25
From: Maura Adams <adamsmu AT BC DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 09:47:51 -0400
Hi everyone,

I upgraded an oslevel 4.3.3 AIX client to TSM client software version 4.2.1.25,
which is the latest release.

Every since then the upgraded client appears in the daily report as failed.  Of
course this report is posted to the web for the whole world to see.  Yikes!
Anyway when I check the backup it has ran and backed up the filespaces I wanted
but TSM marks the backup as failed.  The following is the error message I
receive:
ecs150 /usr/local/logs # tail tsmerror.log
05/24/02   06:04:47 ANS1810E TSM session has been reestablished.
05/24/02   06:22:56 ANS1512E Scheduled event 'DAILY_0500' failed.  Return code
= 4.
05/24/02   06:22:58 ANS1497W Duplicate include/exclude option 'EXCLUDE
/usr/local/logs/tsm*.log' found while processing the client options passed by
the server.

I do have an aix client option set that excludes the tsm*.log files and I also
use a client include-exclude file. The include-exclude file actually includes
everything under /usr/local/logs.  The only logs I don't want are the tsm logs
(which is why I excluded these using the option set)  The override option on
the client option set is set to no.

Previous to the client upgrade (using version 4.1) I never received this error
message or any problem with "failure" on my client.  Does the override option
mean something different in 4.2.1.25?

Any thoughts?

best regards,
Maura Adams