ADSM-L

Re: Backups through a firewall

2002-05-22 08:35:47
Subject: Re: Backups through a firewall
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 15:28:56 +0300
You cannot hide them so I see no reason to change them. If firewall is
set-up correct it should allow traffic outside DMZ to those ports. If an
intruder compromised a TSM node in DMZ you modified ports are known.
The main security issue (IMO) is than *SM is using same port for backups
and for admin client sessions. And opening this port in the firewall opens
ability to connect as administrator to the server.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant