ADSM-L

Higher Priority Node?

2002-05-20 03:37:00
Subject: Higher Priority Node?
From: Eugene Awyong - Singapore <eawyong AT SAPL.SAMSUNG DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 15:33:50 +0800
Hi,

    I was wondering if it would be possible to actually prioritise nodes? As
in like when you were halfway doing a backup job and you had to do a restore
in between, the restore would then cut short the backup job, and complete
its restore job before letting the backup job resume.

    Similarly, would it actually be possible for a node (say node A) to
start a backup job at 6am, then at 2pm when node B comes in and does its
backup job, it will 'stop' node A's job and TSM will start to backup all of
node B's directories (assuming it is a full FS backup) till say maybe 6pm,
after which node A continues its half-done backup job.

    Reason I'm asking is due to the tight schedule we have for our weekend
backups and the availibility of our applications (decreased down-time). I'd
appreciate if anyone could let me know if this could be done.

Thanks in Advance!