ADSM-L

Script timing issue with MOVE DATA WAIT=YES

2002-05-19 01:30:58
Subject: Script timing issue with MOVE DATA WAIT=YES
From: Roger Deschner <rogerd AT UIC DOT EDU>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 00:31:18 -0500
This is a tsm script: (AIX 4.2.1.9)

  MOVE DATA $1 WAIT=YES
  COMMIT
  UPDATE LIBVOL ATLP3000 $1 STATUS=PRIVATE

The idea is, when moving data off of tapes that I suspect have media
problems, to avoid having the tape become an available scratch tape and
get reused. MOVE DATA can take a long time, and I might not see when it
completes. I might not even be awake. The problem is that I get the
following error message:

ANR8442E UPDATE LIBVOLUME: Volume CPM642 in library ATLP3000 is
currently in use.

The tape is still mounted according to QUERY MOUNT, because it is
rewinding, unloading, and being put away in its slot by my robotic
friend inside the library.

Either:

1. There is some kind of SLEEP command for scripts that I am
overlooking.

2. There is a bug in MOVE DATA WAIT=YES in that it does not wait for the
tape to rewind and unload and get put away by the robot.