ADSM-L

tdpoconf, error, ANU2534E

2002-05-17 10:54:27
Subject: tdpoconf, error, ANU2534E
From: Neil Rasmussen <rasmussn AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 07:54:42 -0700
Luis,

I apologize, that is a pretty useless message (and not very helpful). But
regardless, I think I can help you out. First off, are you using the
tdpo.opt in the installation directory or are you defining it in your own
directory? To start, I would use default installation directory
"/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/oracle/bin" with the following in my tdpo.opt,
substituting for your environment:

In your /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/oracle/bin/tdpo.opt:
DSMI_ORC_CONFIG /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/oracle/bin/dsm.opt
TDPO_NODE               <node>
TDPO_OWNER              <owner>

In your /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/oracle/bin/dsm.opt:
Servername      <your dsm.sys stanza servername>

In your /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin/dsm.sys:
servername      <match from dsm.opt>
commm           tcpip
tcpport         <your TSM Server port number>
tcps            <your TSM Server address>

You should be able to establish a connection with your server with these
basic settings. Then you should run "tdpoconf password". Hope this helps.