ADSM-L

Backing up Active Directory on Win2000

2002-05-16 17:25:10
Subject: Backing up Active Directory on Win2000
From: Julie Phinney <jphinney AT HUMANA DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 16:11:08 -0500
Hi all,
I'm not familiar with Active Directory on Win2000 but I've been told by one
of our Win2000 guys :

      There is a System Object selection list that includes the following
items to backup using TSM:
            Active Directory,  COM+ DB, Event Log, Registry, RSM, System
   Files, System Volume

      But it appears like only the following System Objects are currently
being selected for backup:
            Event Log
            Registry
            RSM

I'm wondering if by default, incremental backup does not back up all of the
System Objects?   Do I need to specify something in the DSM.OPT file or in
a client optionset to get it to do all the system objects in Active
Directory?
Thanks,
Julie Phinney