ADSM-L

tsm down...please help

2002-05-16 14:16:17
Subject: tsm down...please help
From: chris rees <rees_chris AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 18:16:36 +0000
Hi,

Second time lucky, message didn't seem to reach the forum first time...

basically tsm log has filled up and server has crashed.  Our log size was
5196 Mb

I've dsmfmt another log volume 1024 Mb in size and then done
dsmserv extend log volumename and tried sizes ranging from 1024 to 10
keep getting the lvmaddvol error message.

Should I have dsmfmt a smaller volume , say 100Mb then tried to add that??

Hope you can help, the thought of restore scares me ...

Regards

Chris