ADSM-L

Re: Virtualnodename issue concerning Windows and AIX

2002-05-16 13:33:11
Subject: Re: Virtualnodename issue concerning Windows and AIX
From: "William F. Colwell" <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 13:30:06 -0400
I had this type of thing happen to a Mac client.  A win* 4.2.1.26 client
touched a mac node, it didn't even back anything up, just connected, but
it caused the mac client to say it was downlevel.  So I got the 5.1 mac client
and installed it and it still said it was downlevel!

At this point I called a problem into Tivoli;  the level 1 rep can give out a
procedure of show commands and other unsupported things to fix the
node record of the mac node to 'undownlevel' it.  It has to do with unicode
(no surprize there).

I think the rep said it was a bug, I don't know what the resolution will be or
when.

So call Tivoli support and you can undownlevel your aix node.

Hope this helps,

Bill

Bill Colwell
Bill Colwell